My Review of Merchant of Menace by Richard T Ryan



My Review:

Richard T Ryan's The Merchant of Menace begins with the author, an unexpected twist, that adds a layer of perceived authenticity and increases our joy as we suspend belief and immerse ourselves in another Sherlock mystery. We all love secrets and there's a guilty pleasure in reading a case that Dr Watson thought we shouldn't: The Merchant of Menace. 

Ryan has a real flair for capturing the language of Holmes and Watson, their foibles, and the dynamics of their relationship. He has created an antagonist and series of crimes that Conan Doyle would have been proud of.

I particulary enjoyed the myriad and vividly depicted locations that as a reader I was taken to e.g. the British Museum, the Louvre and Blenheim Palace. 

I'd highly recommend The Merchant of Menace to not just Serlock fans but to lovers of a good cat and mouse crime mystery too. 






Comments

Popular Posts