Daisy Cooper’s Rules For Living by Tamsin Keilly


Daisy Cooper’s Rules for Living  by Tamsin Keily  is a delightful read which I found life affirming and joyful. It’s about love and loss and their yin and yang relationship, the greatest gift is the one we know we’ll ultimately bear the greatest pain for. Keily knows this and deftly handles the topic of bereavement with aplomb. There are times of great pathos which are heart rending, as Daisy mourns for her unfinished life and her loved ones mourn for her, yet, these scenes are always balanced with a sense of what can only be described as hope. Keily always provides a glimmer of hope that the future might be alright if not even perhaps good, different but good. 

Characters are well drawn and easy to engage and invest in, I have a particular fondness for Violet, Daisy’s friend. Even now, weeks later I still find myself wondering how she’s doing. 

Well done Tamsin Keily,  I look forward to your next offering. 

Thanks to Orion Books for my gifted copy of this gem. 

Comments

Popular Posts