My Review of Sometimes in Bath by Charles Nevin


Sometimes in Bath by Charles Nevin was a pleasure to read. Nevin has a Dickensian flare for character depiction which I particularly enjoyed and found highly amusing. 

I loved the fact that the stories are based upon real historic characters whom Nevin brings to life with great aplomb, with the worthy addition of a few of Nevin's own creation for added for our entertainment. I'm still chuckling at Edgar and Silas, the Sedan chairmen who have graduated from the Bath Sedan Chairmen Appropriation Academy!

The afterword after each story are meticulously researched and informative. To my shame, I have never visited Bath but now very much look forward to going with my trusted Sometimes in Bath in hand. This is definitely a book to read and re-read again and again.

Thanks to Rachel at Rachel's Random Resources for my gifted copy of the book.

Comments

Popular Posts